Computer Vision Syndrome - Hadleigh, Essex
Computer work is very visually demanding. It is estimated that 90% of individuals that use a computer for over three hours a day have symptoms associated with computer vision syndrome.
These symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Eye strain
- Eye fatigue
- Dry, gritty or irritable eye
Computer vision syndrome has three main underlying causes:
- The eyes are not focusing well at the specific computer screen distance.
- The eyes are not working as a team at the specific computer screen distance (binocular imbalance).
- The eyes are dry and this is exacerbated by screen work.
It is estimated that 90% of individuals that use a computer for over three hours a day have symptoms associated with computer vision syndrome.
How we can help
It is important that we know exactly the distance from your eyes to the computer so that we can calculate the lens power required to focus perfectly and correct any binocular imbalance at that very specific distance.
It is also important that you tell us exactly how you work.
- Do you work only on the computer?
- Do you also have to read small print from paper at the same time?
- Do you also have to deal with the public as well?
We have a huge range of lens options to suit every individual so if we know exactly what you need to do we can match you with the best lens option available. We can also advise you on tints and coatings available to reduce glare from both the screen and office lighting to further enhance your visual comfort.